Monday, August 30, 2010

Solo Play






For my solo play I decided to do three different things.
1. Play Video Game 2. Play with Colored Pencils 3. Play with toy pinwheels.

The video game was the starting point and helped me think of restraint and limitation because
I was playing a fighting game. And there is only so much you can do with it. I thought of urgency, impatience, and restraint.

When I was little, I would play with colored pencils as if they were dolls. So I applied the same idea. I split the colored pencils into groups and battled sets of colors with each other. What resulted from that was order and organization.

When I played with the pinwheels, I thought of actually windmills. When I think of windmills,
I thought of synchronization. Which then led me to time of day, etc.

In all this process helped direct to a different idea that what I originally had.








No comments:

Post a Comment