Monday, August 30, 2010

Play History and Games

A. My most joyful image is an image of playing practice baseball with my neighbor's family.
What exactly makes this images so special is how it was done. What is meant by that is
my neighbor's dad would never actually take the time out to play with a group of children.
That was something out of the norm. So when this occurred, it definitely had an impact on me.
He taught me how to hold the bat and everything.

The connection that I made of this was reoccurrence. This memory was always at the back of my mind reminding me of my childhood. And also how much you can learn in a small amount of time.

B. My Favorite Games From Childhood:

Trouble
Hide and Seek
Twister
Game of Life
Mancala
Connect 4
Guess Who
Uno

The one game that disliked:
Scrabble

Through this list I noticed that I tend to like games that have to do with numbers or counting.
The type of counting is used as a way of progression instead of tactical. The games on the list
are basic and yet have a unpredictability about it. Even though you have to roll or spin something you never know what number your going to get.

I also noticed that these games are also based upon repetition.

No comments:

Post a Comment